Influence of milling on the development of stress corrosion cracks in austenitic stainless steel.
- Airframe, Aero-engine, and Transport Materials
- Forming: superplasticity, severe deformation and ultrafine grained materials
- Joining and Friction Welding
- Materials for Chemical, Process and Power Generation Industries
- Phase Equilibria and Transformations
- Stress, Damage and Failure Mechanisms
- Thermomechanical Processing
Our work is often carried out in collaboration with others including industry partners and interdisciplinary research centres. We work closely with the Surface Treatment and Corrosion Protection research group. We are also key partners in the Materials Performance Centre and the EPSRC Light Alloys for Sustainable Transport (LATEST2) programme.