Corrosion Control Engineering [MSc]
The MSc in Corrosion Control Engineering provides you with a thorough training in corrosion and its control. Initially, you will study the fundamental chemistry, physics, and metallurgy underpinning corrosion processes. Subsequently, you will learn about approaches to corrosion control, ranging from material selection, through cathodic protection, to corrosion inhibition and protective coatings. Finally, you will cover industrial scenarios where knowledge of corrosion and its control is paramount, such as in oil production. This MSc is the ideal preparation for a career either in industry as a corrosion scientist or engineer, or for cutting-edge academic research.
Accredited by the Institute of Minerals, Materials and Mining (IOM3) as meeting the Further Learning requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- To produce competent, professionally qualified graduates who are appropriately trained and will secure immediate, rewarding and useful employment in UK, European or overseas industries as corrosion scientists or engineers.
- To provide conversion training which is intellectually challenging, as well as being industrially relevant.
- To satisfy the needs of practising engineers, scientists and technologists wishing to develop professional competence in the areas of corrosion and corrosion control methods.
Who is this programme for?
- graduates from engineering and science backgrounds wishing to specialise in corrosion control engineering
- engineers, scientists and technologists wishing to develop a deeper understanding of corrosion and its control
2.2 UK Honours degree or equivalent, or an approved combination of educational qualification and industrial experience.
TOEFL >570; IELTS >6.5
The University offers three, five and 10-week pre-sessional English language courses.
The career paths of our graduates are virtually unlimited, with the majority of graduates going on to fill key posts as corrosion scientists, engineers, managers and consultants in academia, industry, consultancy and research and development. Our graduates are highly sought after and widely employed across a diverse range of industry sectors.
Did you know?The MSc in Corrosion Control Engineering is accredited by the Institute of Materials Minerals and Mining (IoM3)
Where are they now?
"My MSc in Corrosion Control Engineering definitely helped in my promotion to my current position as Senior Corrosion Engineer for Mellitah Oil and Gas BV."