Visit days give you a taste of what it's like to be a student at Manchester and allow you to ask any questions you may have about studying here, university life or the city itself.
During the academic year 2023/2024, applicant visit days will be held virtually. On-campus visits will available later in the year, providing you with further opportunities to visit the campus to see the amazing facilities we have on offer.
Before the visit day
- Confirm your attendance through the sign-up form you will have received by email
- Watch out for any emails from the contact address below and add this to your safe senders to make sure you don't miss any communications from us.
On the visit day
The virtual visit day will be held from 2.00pm - 3.30pm.
There will three short sessions:
- Welcome and Introduction: An introduction to Fashion Business and Technology
- Mini Lecture: Gain a sneak peek into your first semester as a first-year student. We will discuss student life, highlighting key experiences and assessments.
- Interactive Session and Q&A: Our dedicated academic staff and student ambassadors will be present to guide you through what it truly means to be a fashion student here in the Department of Materials. You will also have the opportunity to interact directly with our knowledgeable academic and student ambassadors, who are eager to address all your queries.
We encourage you to ask questions. The panel will be made up of academic members of staff, administration staff and current undergraduate students. They can give direct answers about the University and the course; they can also offer insight into the development of the subject area you are interested in. However, if you would prefer to ask questions in private, you will have the opportunity to do so, at the end of the session via the private chat function.
You will also be invited via email to attend a range of other events to get a taste of The University, including our on-campus Offer Holder Days. If you are invited to an on-campus event - and meet our WP+ or W++ flag criteria, we will be able to offer you a reimbursement of your travel costs to Manchester.
You will also be invited via email to attend a range of other events to get a taste of The University. If you are invited to an on-campus event- and meet our WP+ or WP++ flag criteria, we will be able to offer you a reimbursement of your travel costs to Manchester.
Parents and carers
Unfortunately, due to capacity constraints it will not be possible for parents or carers to attend the session. In order to maximise the number of interviews taking place on the day the event is open to applicants only.
For all enquires please contact us through the following methods:
Email address: email@example.com
Phone Number: +44 (0)161 529 3043
Add the above email address to your safe senders list to make sure you receive all emails from us - we don't want you to miss out on any important information.